The City of Easton offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by the law. Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Located just 50 miles north of Philadelphia, 70 minutes from New York City and 30 minutes from the Poconos, the City of Easton, PA is a city with an interesting history dating back prior to the Revolutionary War. Home to 26,000 people, Easton is part of the Lehigh Valley metropolitan area, the third largest market in Pennsylvania.
Today it is a city on the edge of great happenings and wonderful opportunities with the recent adoption of a new Home Rule Charter. We are home to superior healthcare, excellent academic institutions, affordable housing, great arts community, historic business center with easy access to everywhere from the ABE International Airport.
The City of Easton is seeking qualified applicants for the listed positions. The job description and accompanying documents for each position are available by clicking on the applicable link. Once downloaded they can be filled out and mailed or dropped off at the Human Resources Office, City Hall, 123 South Third Street, Easton, PA 18042 between 8:30AM and 4:30PM, Monday thru Friday.
Full Time Positions
Director of Finance
Reports to City Administrator
Salary range: $90,000 - $100,000
Performs a variety of complex supervisory, professional, administrative and technical accounting and finance functions in maintaining the fiscal records and systems of the City.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages and supervises assigned operations to achieve goals within available resources; plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments; trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff; reviews progress and directs changes as needed.
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; performs cost control activities; monitors revenues and expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal control; prepares annual budget requests; assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
- Maintains and balances accounts against other accounting records; prepares monthly financial reports of City departments and other special reports and financial statements to be presented to the City Administrator; and makes adjustment entries as required.
- Reconciles account balances and prepares schedules for independent auditors for annual audits.
- Works with City Administrator in the preparation of annual budget.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates department activities with other departments and agencies as needed.
- Develops financial studies and plans. Forecasts, estimates, and monitors the financial condition of the City to assure the fiscal well being of the City.
- Establishes and maintains internal control procedures and assures that state and national standard accounting procedures are maintained.
- Supervises and directs preparation of the collection of taxes, fees, and other receipts in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Maintains financial records and prepares financial reports.
- Oversees the central computerized financial and management information system; budget preparation and execution; and the posting and reconciliation of ledgers and accounts of the City.
- Performs other financial management matters as assigned by the City Administrator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications Required for Appointment
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration, or a closely related field, and five (5) years of progressively responsible municipal finance work.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of modern governmental accounting theory, principles, and practices.
2. Familiarity of office automation and computerized financial applications.
3. Understanding of public finance and fiscal planning; payroll and accounts payable and
4. GAAFR, GAAP and GASB.
5. Ability to prepare and analyze complex financial reports & modeling; ability to maintain efficient and effective financial systems and procedures.
6. Ability to effectively supervise staff, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, city officials and the ability to communicate effective orally and in writing.
To apply, send your resume to: HRFinanceDirector@easton-pa.gov The cut-off for applications is Wednesday, November 30, 2016.
The City of Easton offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
THE CITY OF EASTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
There are no Part-time Positions available at this time.
All information should be submitted to:
Human Resources Manager
123 South Third Street
Easton, PA 18042